Fire protection class EI
An important feature of FIRESWISS FOAM, the EI classified fire protection glass manufactured by Glas Trösch, is the protection it offers against dangerous radiated heat. Thanks to a so-called protective heat shield, radiant heat is reduced allowing people and rescue services a safe passage along emergency and escape routes. Depending on the requirement and glass type used, fire resistance of up to 120 minutes can be achieved.
This property is achieved because of the superior thermal insulation offer by FIRESWISS FOAM:
With the heat source achieving temperatures of almost 1000°C, the glass surface on the public side away from the fire heats up by around 100K , well below the maximum of 140K required by European test standards thereby offering a safe level of protection to the public.
- Outstanding visual quality with no distortion or discolouration
- TT Layers are based on silicate and thus produce virtually no dangerous gas or smoke in the event of a fire
- Outstanding ratio of efficiency and glass thickness
- Transparency and resistance from –40°C to +50°C ambient temperature
- Large, type-tested glass surfaces in many common frame systems made of wood, steel, aluminium and fiber-reinforced plastics
- Glas Trösch owned accredited test laboratory for developments and experiments on behalf of customers
- Short delivery times since all standard glass types are available on stock
- Delivery of stock sizes 2125 mm x 3100 mm or cut to size in accordance with customer wishes
- A wealth of combination possibilities for design, function and safety
- UV protection through optional PVB films, e.g. for outdoor use
- Increased passive safety because the laminated safety glass meets EN 12543-1, classified to EN 12600 requirements
- Certified CE product conformity
- laminated glass with innovative thermal transform coating. If a fire break out it absorbs the radiant heat. The layers transform to a hard and tough foam board - the cullets adhere to this. FIRESWISS FOAM form an effectiv thermal guard.
- by fire temperature of 1,000 °C the fire source at the fare side only heat up to 100K
- riskless way to emergency exit
- application in different frame systems
- combinable with UV-protection foil for facade
- Internal applications
- External applications
For more information visit www.fireswiss.ch/en