ETH Zurich, Institute of History and Theory
Toughened safety glass (ESG)
ESG has a higher flexural strength than conventional float glass. This makes ESG suitable for applications with increased impact, collision and hail resistance as well as thermal shock resistance.
ESG is characterized by changed physical properties:
- Flexural strength of ESG: 120N/mm².
- Thermal shock resistance of ESG: 150 K.
- ESG reduces the risk of injury as it breaks down into blunt glass crumbs.
- Dimensions to measure up to max. 900 x 321 cm.
- Sports halls, gymnasiums, multi-purpose halls
- Public and private buildings
- Protection against hail damage in overhead areas
- Interior finishing
ESG can be printed and designed in various ways:
- SWISSDUREX DECO printed ESG with ceramic colours
- SWISSDUREX DECO BRUSH varnished ESG with two component colours
- SWISSDUREX DECO PRINT digitally printed ESG
- HD PRINT Digital printing on glass in high-definition quality
- SWISSDUREX FORM curved ESG
Combination possibilities and further processing of ESG: